Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Wrote This on March 15th and Forgot to Post It

March 15th.



Today I got locked out of my house for 30 mins while I waited in the wind and rain for my dad to come home with the key. He had forgotten I wasn't already at home, but he remembered to lock the doors. Oddly enough, I got home and after running pell-mell through the golf-ball sized raindrops checking the doors on all sides of the house finding to no avail that all of them were locked, I collapsed on my front porch and I started laughing.

It was like a scene from a movie. Stranded on my front porch with my guitar case in one hand and a starbucks in the other, laughing alone in the rain.

It was at that moment I realized I am exactly who I want to be. My life is so wonderful, despite the rainstorms every now and then, and I'm living the sort of life I've always wanted to live. I've always wanted to be that girl stuck in the howling rain, laughing, and there I was today; I was her. I am her.

I have not a doubt in my mind that I will get myself into these sorts of situations many'a'time again in the future. And instead of having dear old dad around to bail me out 30 minutes later, I'll have to rely on my own intuition and wit to get myself through the trial. To be honest, I don't mind much. In fact, I wouldn't have minded today if my only option was to walk in the rain down to the nearest public convention and ask for some kindly assistance. I probably would have started channeling Mary Poppins, and broken into song, as the wind howled and the water swelled in miniature waving floods below the edge of the curb.

I would have had to leave my guitar case on my front porch, though. No point in risking Kensington's safety for a jolly, rainy 2 mile jaunt into town.

It's been one of those sorts of days, ever since.

The kind where anything that could go wrong will, but I'm in one of those moods where none of it matters anyway, and all I can do is smile, and laugh. And possibly start singing, if there's a song that goes with the moment... Which, there inevitably always is.

And so I leave you with a song that I have been singing all day long. (Get ready for a blast from the past...;)

Cheers, loves.
Two days 'til St. Paddie's!

My loves,
my doves,
my eggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlDPPu53V80&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment