Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Celebrating Womanhood


















I'm celebrating womanhood today.
















Here are a few pictures to inspire you to celebrate too.










































This one of Barbra Streisand is my favorite. :)
PHENOMENAL WOMAN -Maya Angelou
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them
they think I'm telling lies
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
the span of my hips
the stride of my step
the curl of my lips
I'm a woman
phenomenally
Phenomenal woman, that's me.
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please
And to a man,
the fellows stand
or fall down to their knees
Then they swarm around me
a hive of honey bees
I say,
it's the fire in my eyes
and the flash of my teeth,
the swing in my waist
and the joy in my feet
I'm a woman
phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, that's me.
Men themselves have wondered
what they see in me
They try so much
but they can't touch
my inner mystery.
When I try to show them,
they say they still can't see
I say,
It's the arch of my back
the sun of my smile,
the ride of my breasts
the grace of my style
I am a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman, that's me.
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed
I don't shout or jump about
or have to talk real loud
When you see me passing
it ought to make you proud.
I say,
it's in the click of my heels,
the bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
the need of my care.
'Cause I'm a woman,
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman, that's me.
So go out and celebrate youself, woman.
You are phenomenal. :)











































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment