Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Defying Gravity

Do you remember a couple of months ago, I hinted at the possibility of living at the coast next year?

Last month, after a year of contemplating and gathering information, and not to mention intense amounts of praying, I mailed off my application to Ecola Bible College in Cannon Beach.

Today I got my acceptance letter.

In roughly three months and two weeks, I'll be moving out of the comforts of my own home and into a dorm room 21/2 hours away to spend six months studying the word of God.

I'll be one block from the ocean.

My ocean.

My favorite spot on the entire West Coast of America.

I'll have hours upon hours to write, and meditate on God's word, to take 6 AM walks along the coastline, to get involved in a community, to spread my knowledge and experiences all across a town that I have loved my entire life.

I don't know what God has in store for me there, but I do know that His presence has been more than gargantuan in this process, and I cannot thank Him enough for this opportunity to grow spiritually and to be a steady instrument in the furthering of His glorious Kingdom.

I've felt for a long time now that He has a lot in store for me in the next nine months.

I told Him last week, either it was this coming January or bust.  Now or never.  And a few days later, guess what I get in the mail?  January it is.  I got so incredibly excited today when I realized the depth of what He may bring into my life in this journey; these next nine months will be some of the most developmental months of my life, and I cannot wait to get started on this adventure!

I feel like I've been stagnant for so long, like I've had absolutely no direction for my life since I graduated high school.  Which is true, really.  All I knew when I graduated was that I wanted to take a year off.  Well, that year has come and gone, and I can honestly say it has been one of the most emotionally maturing years of my life. Here I am, now, after sixteen months of stagnation, almost ready to jump off the edge and to spread my wings. I'm about to try defying gravity, and I couldn't be more excited.

Lessons will be learned, mistakes will surely be made, and amazing, earth-shattering experiences will be had.  Friendships will be forged,  moments never forgotten will slip quietly into existence, and all along, the tide will continue to dance in, and sway back out.


So, here I go.

The final stage of my homelife is commencing.

There's no telling what will come after Bible School is over.

Maybe I'll be brought back home, maybe God has other plans for me elsewhere.

All that I know now is it's time to start saying goodbye to my home, to my friends, to my wonderful workplace, and to welcome with open arms the unknown, unpredictable and unstable future.

I'm off into the world, soon!
My dreams are coming true. :)

Sending you all the love, ocean waves, and chocolate chips in the world,

Hannah Xx




"Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game
Too late for second guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap
It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity
And you won't bring me down."

No comments:

Post a Comment