Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Monday, November 12, 2012

All You Need Is Less

November, November.

I always say my favorite month is October, and then November sets in and I'm hard-pressed to find a more unrivalled beauty.

I was rereading the notebook I kept over the Summer last night, and it's strange, because it all feels so recent- like I've only left just yesterday- but the dates on the entries are from so many months ago.

I've been home for over 2 months now.

And as much as I would have hated to admit it when I first got here, I've started to settle in again.

Starbucks is going very, very well.  The people I'm working with there are unique and opposite and funny and I feel a wealth of inspiration to write about because of their quirks.

My boss calls me Lisa Loeb and I've already gained respect for my sharp tongue and quick sarcasm.

I started working again at Mi Famiglia, which has been more than enriching.

Going back there, to those faces that I love, and those people who brighten my life, felt more like coming home than coming home did, in some strange way.

Especially when one of them whom I hold very dear to me smiled when he saw me and said, "Oh, aren't you a sight for sore eyes." and then pulled me in for a great hug.

I'm always going to feel like I belong there- and in the middle of a strange upheaval and overwhelming change of scenery and feeling a strong sense of loss, I have something that is never, ever going to change. Mi Famiglia is family.  When I'm there, I need less from the rest of my life, because I feel like what I need is in front of me.  The people, the food, the atmosphere.  It's what I want out of life.

So I've been working a lot, lately- and I've been taking one day at a time.

Right now, my sister and her kids are in town for a month, and so I've been spending a lot of time with my family- which is good.

I've been thinking about dying my hair blonde- and trading in my hipster glasses for contacts and leather skinny jeans.

I just want to change a little bit.

Attraversiamo.

I'm ready to cross over.

Lovers, I miss you.

I hope all is well.





No comments:

Post a Comment