Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Reads:

I need a reading list, lovers. 

It's June 5th and if I don't have a stack of books in list form to read over the next few months, I won't read anything.

I mentioned something about it on Facebook and have received a few helpful suggestions.

I'm thinking the list will look something like this:
  • Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card  - Only because I managed to promise my best friend if I read this book, he'll read Gatsby.
  • Tender is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald - been reading this online on my lunchbreaks.  Fitzy is always fab.
  • Dandelion Wine, Ray Bradbury - recommendation
  • Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn - recommendation
  • Silver Linings Playbook, Matthew Quick - I've been afraid for months now that reading the book will somehow ruin the perfect profundity that the movie held.  I'm willing to take that risk, now.  Beyond ready.
I also want to explore some works of Wendell Berry,  must finish Nabokov's Lolita.... and would like another crack at Hemingway.

I also need to just work on the books on my bookshelf in the meantime.

I like falling in love with reading again.  It feels good.

I hope I accomplish much reading this summer- last summer I read one book.  Last summer was not meant for reading, though. 

This summer feels like words.

Many, many wonderful words.


No comments:

Post a Comment