Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brand new pillow

Brand new pillow.

First dreams on it, tonight.

What a reach of unfathomable, infinite possibilities.

The purity of this virgin-like moment is staggering. It's almost holy.

Almost. 

Remembering last summer.

I also have a new duvet cover and new pillowcases. They're yellow. Yellow is a happy color.

Remembering that the chosen theme for this year of 2013 was solitude. Realizing how true that has been over the past 6 months.

I'm considering going full recluse.

Just me and my virtuous, chaste pillow and my happy colored bedspread.

A book. Some paper. It's way past Lent and I'm feeling a strange desire to sacrifice something that I love in a spiritual manner.

A notebook. A pen. I'm slipping, slipping, slipping into another realm.

And as I begin to slip away- my dreams take over.

That was almost poetic.

Love me gently, brand new pillow.  Tender is this night, and vulnerable.

Open the shades. Let me watch the stars as if I could touch them with my hands.

Lord, my prayers are many. But tonight I have just one: take this beating heart- make of it what you will. Allow my soul to take leaping flight- far above my windowsill.

And let this be my prayer tonight as I drift quietly into my dreams. 

Remembering a quote. 

"A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages." -Tennessee Williams. 

"I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched." -Edgar Allan Poe.

You're up, brand new pillow.

This is your moment to shine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment