Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be asbolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTa25ZaRl78

Sometimes I have a thousand things I want to say, but the words are hard to find.

It's like I have all the ingredients aligned and measured on the counter, but I have nothing to put them in.

That was a bad metaphor.

There's rain falling outside of my window, the clock has just struck 11:11 and I haven't made a wish yet.....

I hope it comes true.

I wish (just so you know, this isn't what I wished for a few minutes ago, although, now I think I should have wished this instead) that I could be more like Marilyn Monroe.
I don't mean bombshell, sex-pot, 'diamonds are a girl's best friend' glittering Marilyn (although she is fabulous), I mean strong, ambitious, tragic, "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best", winsome Marilyn.
The one who fought tooth and nail to make valuing yourself a desirable trait in women.

It hit me today that she is the unofficial spokesperson for womanhood.
WWMD?
Glamorous, smart, unassuming, aloof Marilyn.

Women are beautiful, and we're also very, very tragic.
It's our curse.
Our red carpet antics stem from our flair for the dramatic, and in the end all we are is tragic.
Tragic hair, tragic eyes, tragic mouths that curve into tragic smiles.
Tragic hearts, tragic laughs, tragic thoughts that carry us for many tragic miles.
But do you know the secret behind tragedy?
It's beautiful.
And because it's beautiful, we are desirable.
In all it's heart-breaking, unprecedented and luminescent truth, tragedy is beautiful.
It shines, drawing near all those who can relate to it's grand, glimmering orb, and who can relate to tragedy?
Everyone.
Therefore, it is inescapable, and because it's inescapable, we are desirable.

Truth.

I feel like Marilyn would agree with me on what I learned today.
I learned that sometimes, the greatest gift you can give to a hurting friend is not a shoulder to cry on, and it's not a present bought with money, and it's not soothing words whispered into sad, receiving ears.
The greatest gift you can give someone who is hurting is a fabulous homemade breakfast, and a chance for them to say what they feel without being judged, without giving opinions, and without offering advice.
A safe haven, a healthy environment for their already malnourished spirits.
A plate of pancakes with a cup of tea and the simple words, "I validate that", to brush away years of being heard, but not really listened to.

That's the key, isn't it?
You can hear a million different words in a day, but if you don't actually listen, they might as well have fallen on def ears.

It's like looking at ten different places on a map. Unless you actually see them, how are you to know which is best?

Life isn't about hearing the most, or looking at the most things....
Life's about listening when there's nothing to hear, and seeing when there's nothing to look at.
Giving thanks when nothing has been received.
Smiling when nothing has been said.
And most of all, laughing when the only thing left to do is cry.


"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
-Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment