Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Varying Degrees of Evil

This is the third day in a row I've felt compelled to update my blog. More importantly, this is the third day in a row I've been inspired to sit down and write. This makes me happy, and in turn, I have the desire to write about that too.
Life is beautiful today!

Side note: Doritos are evil. Especially ones of the nacho cheese persuasion. zzzxx.

(That was my neice's contribution. She's 2 and she loves laptops. I just spent the last 25 minutes in a diehard attempt to keep her away from my keyboard. She's currently sitting on Grandma's lap at the computer desk in the office, playing with a calculator. Go figure. :P )

I digress.

In other news: I ran 3.89 miles today, and my inflated ego is swaggering around under the impression that I deserve some sort of special treatment for my accomplishment. I'm going to let you in on a little secret about myself: I have the horrible tendency to think I'm incredibly awesome. It's a pride thing, and it's no good. But at least I'm never too hard on myself! There's a bright side to everything.
I will always be an eternal optimist. Especially when it comes to recognizing my own faults. ;)

Ack. I digress yet again.
I do that often.

I'm sitting in a lovely armchair by the window downstairs, and I decided to warm up my writing mind by blogging a little before I get some more serious work done on my novel.
I brought a fairly weighty stack of books with me, for inspiration, should it be hard to come by naturally.
First and foremost, I have my belove copy of The Bell Jar front and center, just within grabbing reach.
It's like my inspiration Bible this time around. I think it's because it has a similar sort of theme as my own story, which I have officially decided to call Tulips For Breakfast.
I think it has a pretty sort of ring to it.
Along with Sylvia Plath's magnum opus, I have A Streetcar Named Desire (and four more plays by Tennessee Williams), Nine Stories and Catcher in the Rye, my Emily Dickinson book of poems, and my trusty handbook of Edgar Allan Poe.
And a copy of Roget's Thesaurus, for good luck.
It should be happy writing, tonight!

Except, I'm just now realizing that it's Halloween, and I'm in charge of answering the door for trick or treaters tonight..... Not to mention my sister and I are here with a small child, watching Finding Nemo..........

Well... It was a nice thought, anyway.

I'm actually looking forward somewhat to handing out candy. Some of the little kids are so cute, in their infant-sized dinosaur and ladybug costumes.
It is kind of a weird night though, Halloween.
I'm not sure if it's all the cultural hype and timeless mythical lore surrounding All Hallow's Eve, but something in the air always puts me a little bit on edge.
I think I've seen a few too many horror films.
Although, according to Professor Giles, the resident librarian and ultimate source of knowledge on all things creepy and evil (as pertaining to Buffy the Vampire Slayer) says that Halloween is a relatively dead night (no pun intended) for the undead and icky.

I was just suddenly made so painfully aware of how nerdy I am.

....
The coolest little boys just came to the door.
One was dressed as Indiana Jones (complete with magic marker facial hair) and his friend was a Jedi.
Boys after my own dear heart.

The doorbell is now ringing too much for me to form complete thoughts anymore, time to end this post early.
Until next time....

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment