Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Barf. Barf. Barf.

Stomach flu.

God's cruelest curse upon mankind.

High thresholds for pain stand no chance against the gut-wrenching agony.

I loathe agony.


I felt awful all Tuesday, and all yesterday, called in sick to work and stayed within 20 yards of the bathroom all night long. Today I feel better... but am still contemplating calling in sick to work anyways.

Unfortunately, I don't work very many hours during the week, and the more I call in sick means the less money I make. The less money I make means more time inbetween now and the first time I set step on Irish soil, ergo, I probably won't call in sick tonight.
The vicious cycle of life.

The radio in the next room keeps advertising free Britney Spears tickets if you can answer this riddle. "4 out of 10 women, and 1 out of 10 men do this surprising thing at their work and it may help them get promoted."
One woman said napping. Another said cursing.
I'm guessing it's coming in when sick.

Alas! I am wrong. The answer has been revealed! Crying.
Crying.
I should try that sometime.

I spent this morning finishing my book of Jean Paul Sartre plays and watching Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.

No Exit, The Flies, Dirty Hands, The Respectful Prostitute and Jim Carey.
I was inspired during the first half, and laughed my bloaty blues away with the second.
And now I'm thinking about watching Tangled while making some Tapioca pudding, and croaking out Ace quotes to make myself laugh. "Fee Fi Fo Fum... I smell the fingerprints of scum!"

Hm.
Maybe I am starting to feel a little bit better, after all!

Enjoy the sunshine for me.
It sure looks beautiful out there.


Xx,

The Fluesy

No comments:

Post a Comment