Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Travel and MnMs

June is here. Where has the year gone?

I have a few things I wanted to share with y'all. The first and most exciting is that I have started another blog, with a dear friend, and I would highly appreciate it if all of you lovely people went and followed it as well, and spread the word to your other friends who blog or follow blogs... And if you're feeling extra loving, you can feel free to tell them about Eyes Wide Open, too. You know. Only if you feel like it. ;)

I'm really wanting to get this blog rolling, and to gain more followers and I can't do that without your help. "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobe, you're my only hope!"

Anyways, back to the new blog:
It's going to be all about traveling, and is called "The Footsteps of Strangers."
www.thumbkinaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

Check it out. :)


Moving on...
I've really been getting bit by the travel bug lately. I think it might be the sunshine. It also might be this new travel book I'm reading called "A Year In The World: Journeys of a Passionate Traveller" by Frances Mayes.
You should check it out if you enjoy mouth-watering tales of sun, tapas, and mediterranean breezes...
Mostly I think it's just the fact that June always makes me feel closest to my dreams, and my dreams of travelling are magnified by the blue skies and lawn-scented air which encompass the month of June.

We just got back on Tuesday from a quick weekend jaunt to Montana for my cousin's high school graduation. And by quick, I do mean quick. We left on Saturday morning at 7am, and rolled into their driveway at exactly 7pm.
The graduation and open house party took up all day sunday, we played around at local pawn shops and partook in many games of croquet on monday, and left at 8am Tuesday morning and rolled into our own driveway at exactly 8pm on Tuesday night.
Exhausting, but exhilarating at the same time.
Nothing beats time with my family. We know how to kick back and have a riotous good time.

On the way home, I did a wee bit of writing, nothing impressive, just a few different reflections, but I figure I'd put them on here as posts anyways, because I liked them and I'm trying to up the amounts of posts I put up each month.
I also wrote a little something about Ireland a few weeks ago...
You can look forward to those appearing soon. :)

By the way, am I the only one who eats trail mix solely for the MnMs? I can't help it. They're the chocolatey goodness of regular MnMs with the added seasonings and flavors of an entire bag of trail mix.
Yuummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment