Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dreams

I told Raelyn on Saturday that I wanted to start listening to more Fleetwood Mac because I sort of felt as though I could gain all sorts of valuable insight and writing inspiration from their music.

So now I'm listening to Rumours on repeat, because I figured it was a good place to start, being one of the best-selling albums ever made and all.

The music is incredible, and I'm remembering just how many great songs came from this band;  I've listened to Songbird three times in a row just now.  I am finding the inspiration I hoped for, but not the inspiration I started out looking for.  This inspiration is more or less just for living life the way it should be lived: with great feeling.

There are some things in life that we all take for granted sometimes, and I think our feelings are one of them.  I don't want to live like that anymore.  Numbness is not an option; let the waters come.

There are only so many moments that we have to experience being overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed with love, exhaustion, excitement, sadness, fear, joy, hurt.  Each moment of siege is unparalleled.  Why shouldn't we celebrate that?

To think, they all lived their great feeling so much that all of their hurt and heartache and love was channeled into writing eleven of the most popular songs of all time.  And now their great feeling has had the opportunity to inspire,  and now we've come full circle.

About an hour ago, I read something that made me incandescently happy, and even if it was an unusual way to be moved, I refuse to feel anything but happiness about it.

Passion is not for the faint of heart.

I have chosen to live my life with great feeling, with passion, and therefore, hiding and smothering are not of my nature.

So I listen to Rumours, and I smile, knowing that passion is a gift given to make this world a beautiful, art-filled place.

Would you look at that?  Yet another something to celebrate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZKmCQl3vw&list=PL6A8B0765C13A0878&feature=mh_lolz

Xx,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment