Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Poems- 2/17/09

Jimmy

I'm just wasting time wondering
About all the things that could go wrong
I'd like to fix this world somehow
Find someone to lead us now
So many problems in our lives
Causing us to split and break and fall
Away from days gone by
You walk this lonely road, well,
I'm calling it my home
The broken dreams make my pillow and
The empty sighs are the stars above my bed
I've been left behind far too many times
And I'm done wasting my life watching MTV all night
Nobody calls me anymore
My heart is learning to close the door
I don't need you
You say you don't need me
Then what causes you to listen to me while you fall asleep?
You're just a stupid kid and I'm a lifeless drone
Fueled by the hope to hear the ringing of the telephone
How did we get to this?
This world of great demise
I thought this was supposed to be the dawning of our lives?
I guess it's all too much, too little, too late
America's finally been resigned to her fate
So just sit down and ignore this please
Live your life like all the hopeless 9-5s
Give up your hopes and dreams
'Cause in the end we all turn out the same
And nobody's going to remember our names.

Mirror

This compromise is killing me
The screaming of my mind makes my ears bleed
I see the look in your eyes
You're tired of living this lie
Long-shot dreams and faded memories
Stare back at me
Winding road after winding road
Endless night after endless night
You don't want to let it show
But deep inside you're growing tired
Of all your failed attempts 
At reviving anarchy
Your glory days are over, kid
And they haven't even begun
This is the life you've chosen for yourself
This is the lie I keep telling myself
To lull me back to sleep.

East 12th Street

My mind is a torrid scene
So many songs, thoughts and dreams
Tangled up into one hot mess
Of rebellion and failed attempts at pleasantness
Don't look directly into my eyes
Don't be fooled by all the compulsive lies
Stay away from the history of my victories and wins
Stand too close and you just might fall in
Run fast from the rhythmic beating of my heart
Remember that not all beautiful things are truly art
So keep walking, sweetheart, and do your very best
Not to end up just like all the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment