Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Monday, November 4, 2013

It's A Monday.

Happy Monday evening to you, lovers.

For some of us, this Monday evening looks like blaring Billy Talent and Sum 41 while cleaning the bathroom after enjoying a bowl-full of homemade risotto (thanks, dad) and  some red wine.

The Italians know how to relieve stress, no?

The following phrases have, admittedly, been uttered tonight by yours truly due to such Italian stress relievers.

"I'mma eat all these damn cookies."  (Spoken to no-one in particular.)

"I deserve this, man." (.... Also spoken to no-one in particular.)

And my personal favorite ".... Stoppppp, you're being rude." (Spoken to my computer's automatic update task manager).

What can I say?

Risotto, Coppola and circus animal cookies make me feel pretty talkative.

As I'm sitting here, waiting for the bathroom cleaners to get nice and sudsy on all my bathroom surfaces, I decided to take a few moments to focus on thankfulness.

'Tis the season after all, right?

1. I am thankful, tonight, for the healthy sounds of punk rock streaming out of my laptop speakers. (Some things never change.)

2. I am thankful for the cool bathroom floor on which I am currently laying as I wait for the cleaners to perform their chemical magic. (I promise, this is merely because I am lazy. It has nothing to do with the wine. What kind of person do you think I am? It's a Monday, for crying out loud.)

3. Strange to say, I'm thankful for bathrooms which need cleaning.

4. I'm thankful for Italy.

5. I'm thankful for gym shorts and My Chemical Romance t-shirts and best friend group texts.

6. I'm thankful, tonight, that I'm single. (Take note of that, because I may never say that again.)

Life is always good, even when it seems really hard.

Wouldn't you agree, lovers?

I love you all.

Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment