Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Morning Song

Good morning, lovers.

I'm sitting at my kitchen table, sipping on a hot mug of Ethiopian blend from Water Avenue (There's that word 'Yirgacheffe' again)... Listening to the sounds of my father frying sausage and potatoes in a pan on the stove and the morning-banjo strums of the Avett Brothers singing us both into a fluid sort of calm.

It's currently 8:20am, even though my mind is certain it's really 9:20am, and I keep having miniature freak-outs every time I glance at the clock.  Daylight Savings Time has never been a close friend of mine.

I don't actually have a lot to say on this lazy Sunday early morning, except I do want to keep up the tradition of thankfulness as best that I can.

So here we go.

1.  Today I am thankful for the beautiful moments God sends our way, even though life is hard.

2. Today I am thankful for my orange coffee mug which recites Luke 1:47 "My spirit rejoices in God my Savior!"  

3.  Today I am thankful for the strength and grace of women like my mother.

4. Today I am thankful for mornings.

5. Today I am thankful for my church, which at the end of every week really does feel like a haven in a storm, which really reminds me of my purpose on earth as one of God's warriors and messengers.

6. Today I am thankful for the things which hurt our hearts, even if their sole purpose is just to remind us that we're human beings, not robots.

Finally, there are a few things that I'm 100% not thankful for, that I absolutely should be. I'm going to list them here as things you might consider praying about for me, on the off chance that I ever cross your mind. I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it, if you do.

1.  I am not thankful for cancer.

2. I am not thankful for distance.

3. I am not thankful for math.

4. I am not thankful, sometimes, for the plan God currently has for my life.  (This is another reason why I AM thankful for my church, because my convictions rise and my sins are forgiven every Sunday and throughout the week as well.)

5. I am not thankful for the way friendships change.

Alright, lovers.

That's all for today.

Thanks for reading, thanks for considering prayers, and enjoy your extra hour of worship.  Whether that be used for sleeping, praying, reading your bible, kissing your babies, or cooking breakfast for a loved one.




No comments:

Post a Comment