Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Friday, July 30, 2010

A Morning Post

It's morning!
An unusual time of day to write for me.

I woke up this morning, in my newly painted bedroom (which, by the way, looks fantastic) to an open window looking out at an overcast sky and a room that smelled like a summer morning. I'm still sitting here at my desk, which is now facing the windows, and looking out the window. I feel like this view could be so much more beautiful if I didn't live in a subdivision and there were green, rolling hills, beyond which lay the ocean, instead of a row of houses facing me from the opposite street. But, you can't have everything. So, I content myself with looking over the roofs at the big, blue sky (the overcast didn't last long) and pretending that I was looking at those green hills and the grey ocean.
Pretending. I'm still pretending..... It always amuses me when people try and disillusion themselves by saying you have to stop pretending at a certain point, and that you have to grow up.
It has been my observation of those around me, and of myself, that growing up hardly means stop pretending. If anything, growing up is just an excuse to pretend even more.
...That's a little too deep for 10 0'clock in the morning, isn't it?
How about something more superfluous?
Okay, then.
Confession: I absolutely cannot stand it when people run around with their toothbrushes in their mouths. It bothers me so much. It's not like you're saving any time by doing that. You can't multitask while brushing your teeth, because you're using your hands. So just stay over the sink. It's gross and pointless to try and put your shoes on while brushing your teeth. You just end up making a mess and making yourself angry.... and making me upset, too. Because I have to look at you.

Okay. Mini-rant over. That just really bothers me, it always has.

.... I would love to stay in this position and keep writing for awhile, but my mother has just informed me she needs me to make a pie-crust for her. Or something like that. She's getting ready for work. I don't know.

.....I have a feeling that this is one of those days when I have a really low tolerance for things I find annoying.
Great. I'm supposed to be around people all day, too. Peachy.
Well, wish me luck, and a vanilla soy latte.... They are my one, true vice.

:)
Happy day, followers.
Have some fun in the sunshine for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment