Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Loves, My Doves, My Eggs

My room is freezing.

I sleep with my windows open, even during the winter, because I love the feeling of being completely snuggled up in warm blankets while the surrounding room is icicle temperature and would probably freeze an appendage off, should it venture forth from the safety of the covers.

My windows have been open all day, and it's not exactly a heatwave time of year out there.
I came home from work and started shivering.
I'm currently sitting on my bed, with a pair of leggings on underneath my pajama bottoms which are tucked into my sheepskin shearling boots, with a long sleeve shirt underneath a knit sweater-wrap which is topped by my warm, cream colored scarf, and my fuzzy, heat-capturing throw blanket wrapped around my legs.
Toasty.

My iTunes is playing a very comforting mix of The Avett Brothers, Paolo Nutini, and the smooth, soulful pop music of a recently discovered artist: Neil Byrne, and my mind is tripping with the buzz of another day gone by.

Becca was here for a week. She left this afternoon, I miss my dear soul sister already.
We had a very beautiful week together. We went for many walks and bikerides, watched several movies, talked avidly, dreamed constantly, and ate a lot of delicious food. Everytime I spend days at a time with her, I realize how much I love her, and I can't wait for the day when we move in together. Being roomies with Becca is something I am incredibly excited for. And for stealing my favorite pair of jeans ever, which sadly belong to her, as often as I possibly can. Hurrah!

I also had a beautiful date with Natalie this week, in honor of my birthday.
We went to a late lunch at an incredibly authentic Irish pub and restaurant, spent an hour perusing Powell's (and I bought more books. You would not believe how many books I've bought in the past month.), and went for a beautiful walk down a closed neighborhood street called Peacock Lane, where every single house is decorated in hundreds of Christmas lights.

I love Christmas.

I also love quotes.
And I found some really super fabulous ones last night that I must share.

"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good." -Minor Myers, Jr.

"I beg you... to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without ever noticing it, live your way into the answer."- Rainer Maria Pilke

"Every moment of light and dark is a miracle."- Walt Whitman

"We do not remember days... We remember moments." -Cesaro Pavoso

"Barn's burnt down.... Now I can see the moon."

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."- Unknown

"A human being should be able to change diaper. Plan an invasion. Butcher a hog. Steer a ship. Design a building. Write a sonnet. Balance accounts. Build a wall. Set a bone. Comfort the dying. Take orders. Give orders. Cooperate. Act alone. Solve equations. Analyze a new problem. Pitch manure. Program a computer. Cook a tasty meal. Fight efficiently. Die gallantly."- Robert Heimlein

"Live in the present. Launch yourselv on every wave. Find eternity in each moment." -Henry David Thoreau

"Always make new mistakes."- Esther Dyson

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints on your heart. To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart. Anger is only one letter short of danger. If someone betrays you once, it is his fault. If he betrays you twice, it is your fault. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. He who loses money, loses much. He who loses a friend, loses much more. He who loses faith, loses all. Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present."- Eleanor Roosevelt

"You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own." -D.M. Dellinger

"Find your purpose and fling your life out to it. Find a way or make one. Try with all your might. Self-made or never made."

"Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I've got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible." -G.B. Shaw

"Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life." -Lawrence K. Fish

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."- Neale Donald Watson

"Young. Old. Just words." -George Burns

"May you always be blessed with walls for the wind. A roof for the rain. A warm cup of tea by the fire. Laughter to cheer you. Those you love near you. And all that your heart might desire."- Irish blessing.

"Fame is a vapor. Popularity an accident. Riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is character."- Horace Greeley

"Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry."- Robert Heinlein

"If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."- Thomas Edison

"Worry is like a rocing chair. It will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere."

"Love is a cosmic phenomenon." -P.D. Ouspensky

"Good cooks never lack friends."

"Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."- Charlotte Whitton

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast."- Oscar Wilde

"1. The path is not straight.
2. Mistakes need not be fatal.
3. People are more important than achievements or possessions.
4. Be gentle with your parents.
5. Never stop doing what you care most about.
6. Learn to use a semicolon.
7. You will find love." -Marion Winik

"Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."-Max Ehrmann

"Break the monotony. Do something strange and extravagant!"- Emerson

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."- Emerson

"You are my very greatest earthly blessing."- Martha Finley

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirious of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."- Jack Kerouac

"Go forth and set the world on fire."- St. Ignatius


Merry Christmas...!


My loves,

my doves,

my eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment