Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"What Fills the Eyes Fills the Heart"

All around me I see things, marvelous things. I see the framed picture of my best friend and I sitting on my desk. We snapped that picture on a walk we took in the countryside of Washington in early October. I see a three-wick candle burning on my right side, it smells of sweet cinnamon pumpkin. The flames illuminate my room in a cascading warmth, glowing wildly and weightlessly, making shadows dance on my wall. I see snapshots of my life all around. I see my most beloved guitar, and the large picture book of Ireland I bought a few weeks ago to my left.

My mind's eye sees faces, so many faces. Faces I know well and love dearly, and faces I've never met, but still love with more than all of my heart. My mind's eye is full of wonder, and happiness, joy and contentment. I see the way life moves. I feel its pulse throbbing at the center of my heart. I see the ebb and the flow of a thousand tides of inspiration overwhelming my subconscious. I see the moonshine in my heart. I feel the magic of a hundred tales of fairy lore tingling in my bones, and the miracle of timeless legend envelops my mind as I lazily, hazily reflect on myth and memories.

I hinge my subconscious mind to my writing arm. I go boldly in the direction of my inspiration, for new experience. What fills the eye fills the heart, and my heart is full with the things I have seen with my eyes, and things that I have seen with my mind.

The mind is unbridled.

It knows no bounds. And by using it ever so carefully, I can fill my heart with what I truly desire, even if it just means learning to look through my mind's eye. Seeing isn't believing. People believe in angels even when the lights are turned off. Believing is seeing how your life has changed because of what you believe in. And if you believe you can achieve something with your entire mind, you can gradually turn your heart in the same direction. And when your heart and mind are aligned, your soul shines, and its light leads you confidently in the direction of your dreams.

Illuminate!

Glow. Shine. Dazzle.
Brilliance yourself.
Set the world ablaze.

You are unlimited.
Open your eyes.
Start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment