Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous

An American In Paris.

This is my first time watching it, and I was absolutely loving it, up until this fifteen minute dance sequence came up... and won't end.
Maybe I'm just too tired to remain interested. Or maybe it really is just too much. I'm not sure where the line is between a 'A Great Dance Number' and 'Oh Dear God, WILL IT EVER END??' but I do know that it has officially been crossed.

Oh wait. It's over.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how this conflict has been resolved?

They dance together in a fantasy for fifteen minutes..... before which they couldn't be together because she was marrying someone else... and then after the fantasy sequence... they end up schmoozing on some Parisian steps as the credits roll by.

Hm.

Well it did make me laugh at some parts. Quite a few parts, actually. And Gene Kelly is always an absolute doll.... :)

Okay. So... inconsistencies aside, I loved every minute of it.

Except the 15 minute dance number. That I could have done without.

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment