Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Funny How It Ain't So Funny, Funny Girl

"I never loved nobody fully.
Always one foot on the ground.
And by protecting my heart truly,
I got lost in the sounds.

I hear in my mind all of these voices
I hear in my mind all of these words
I hear in my mind all of this music
And it breaks my heart
And it breaks my heart."
-Fidelity- Regina Spektor


Again, I find it to be Saturday morning.

Rain is falling from a distant grey sky and the Coach House is humming.

Sweatpants and socks and a Columbia Sportswear rainjacket.  The epitome of weekend slumming in the Northwest.

Outside of the window I see two beautiful magnolia blossoms on an otherwise stillborn tree. Little deaths make life more meaningful.

Ray LaMontagne and gingerade Kombucha and Navel oranges messing up my fingernails and leaving a sticky residue over my hands, and now my keyboard, how reminiscent of a child am I.

I blink and I cry and I make sticky hot messes.  I stomp my foot and I cross my arms and I shriek for absolutely no reason at the very top of my lungs.  I demand to be fed.  I demand to be held.  I demand to be rocked and lullaby-ed and shushed and coddled and comforted.

Through it all I am determined to perceive myself as an adult.  Thus the great paradox of life.

See what I mean?  I am the ultimate definition of ridiculousness.

And so to come off of these moments of reflection and inquisitional delusion, I must laugh and I must write.
I must sing in the wrong key and I must make terrible jokes to remind myself that I am deeply human, and therefore should never take myself seriously because all humanity is folly.



It's funny how that never actually works.  Funny how it ain't so funny, funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment