Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

October

I'm so glad to live in a place where there are Octobers.

Morning walks underneath grey skies, dotted with fiery trees and wet sidewalks... It's like everywhere I go, I'm unwrapping God.

I see His face in the countless cups of green tea, the migrating swallows, the promise of an upcoming nephew baptism during my first mass service ever.

I see His face in the beautiful face of my 1 day old niece.

I see His face in the caramel drizzles of my first caramel macchiato as a bona fide Starbucks employee.

October is comforting, it's silencing, it's humbling and it's enveloping.

I find solace in the raindrops on my roof.

I feel safe in the arms of my October playlist:  Nat King Cole, Sarah McLachlan, Blue October and Bon Iver.

October is for morning walks, afternoon naps, movies on the couch, homemade batches of Tapioca pudding, skype dates, pumpkins, quietude, reflection, cinnamon, and praying.

I'm so glad to live in a place where there are Octobers.

No comments:

Post a Comment