Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slide.

Tonight was my weekly writing sesh with Nat and Rae.

We sit at Starbucks and we flail our hands wildly for hours, we talk and motion and laugh and dream and we practice writing with the arduous and exciting exercises found in the book The 3AM Epiphany.

Tonight, during one particularly involving exercise, which I'm not going to explain for my own reasons,  this came out.

 Not sure from where, not sure how, but I know that it's perfect to me and for me.

Moments like these, as a writer, mean the world to me.

And in a weak moment of pride, I will admit it's probably my favorite thing I've written.  Ever.

Lots to think about tonight.  Probably won't sleep a wink.







"Slide"

A glum chiasm-

All hail common lies-

Humming.  Slumming.

Sags his skin- sad his soul.

Hugs like a god.

Holds like a child.

Slug back gin.

Lack all sense.

Come, big dog.

Come, black cub.

Lay your head on me.

Sing, soul.

Sing, nickels.

Sing, dimes.

Sail on.

I'll come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment