Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Her Infinite Variety



Oh Lovers.  I wish I could describe to you the way I feel today.

In order to describe how I feel, I'd need to organize my thoughts, and I can't.

I can't organize my thoughts because there are too many of them, they're too aggressive, they're scattered by the millions and they're beautiful and twitterpated and luminous and I'm so excited by their vibrancy that I've actually got butterflies in my stomache and my toes are tingling. Tingling!!!

 It's a day that is just brimming with inspiration.  The kind that makes me sassy and mischievous. I take hold of sagacity by the horns and I say "You are mine!"

There is sunshine and cold, Spring wind.

The entire Making Mirrors album is on repeat- the above tune an excellent example of where I am today.

There is a fire burning in my soul!

I am feisty and feminist and irresistible and full of gumption today- There will be writing, there will be good-natured aggression and argumentation, there may not be submission, but there will be laughter, and by God, there will be dancing.

The wheels in my mind are rampant- creating friction and sparks and heat which illuminate the cool damp of a psyche that has rested too long in dormancy.

  • Multidimensionality
  • Misogyny
  • Shakespeare
  • Argumentative Notions on the Theologies of Eschatology
  • Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction Lotion
  • Ocean Eyes
  • Romance and Romance Killers
  • Annie Dillard- Ani DiFranco- Elizabeth Gilbert- Alanis Morissette-
  • "She will never have a Federal Husband so drop the pamphlets, write her poetry and take her for midnight walks on the beach instead."
  • I JUST WANT TO BE VALIDATED
  • Character Development: Sexy Conservationalist Nerdy Girl Artist With Messy Hair and Canvas Shoes Looking For Intertidal Protection and Creative Expression
  • Controversy
  • L'arte d'arrangiarsi


So you see, lovers- there is extreme passion today.

There is thirst, desire, need, raw and provocative.

There is a free form of conscious thought- there is poetry and imagery and metaphors and there is music.

There is love.  There is commitment- and yet, there is also a part of me that runs pell-mell away from any sort of commitment today.

My commitment is to be noncommittal for the next few hours.

And so here I go.  I venture out into the glorious day outside- notebook in hand, pencil perched precariously in the middle of my messy updone hair- I'm ready to fall in love with inspiration.


"Age cannot wither her; nor custom stale
Her infinite variety. Other women cloy
The appetites they feed, but she makes hungry
Where most she satisfies."
-Shakespeare-Antony and Cleopatra- [2.2.234-237.]

"In a world of disorder and disaster and fraud, sometimes only beauty can be trusted. Only artistic excellence is incorruptible.  Pleasure cannot be bargained down." - Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat Pray Love


Wishing you all of these feelings and more,

Xx,
Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment