Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Morning Reflections at Sleepy Monk

I sit.

Wood oaken table-  I lean heavily and rest my arms, my limbs- they melt onto the solid surface.

They rest, blanketed by a faded flannel shirt, with a pillow in the form of a book of poems, written about Martha's Vineyard.

I smile.  I'd like to go there someday.

"Death and a wilderness of dreams
Pursue my waking-
I have no poem for you this morning
Only surprise at friendship and farewell
The smoky trajectories of stars
Echo such music."

I sip.

An encompassing cup full of hot earl grey tea.

Lavender Bergamot is the soundtrack to my dreams- the scent of my memories.

I munch.

The most heavenly visitation incarnated into pastry- the bacon blue cheese scone.

It is for flavors like these alone that I carry through life.

I sit and I breathe and I close my eyes and I imagine Tulips and Desire and Sugarcane and I'm lost in a hazy reflection of moments gone by:

Moments of ocean, and moss.

Antique china and fresh oranges.

Harbors and paninis.

Fog and lilies-of-the-valley.

The clouds outside lift- the air heavy and thick with salt- and arid with daffodils.

I cannot tarry here long, my small coffee shop lover, the day pulls me forward with plans and goals and errands and business that will, no doubt, take a toll on my soul today.

But the Almighty is merciful- the universe is kind today.

For in the midst of my hustle and bustle day, I have received a blessed moment of peace-

And I am surrounded by the divine glow of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment