Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Observation

I think I'm killing the plant at work.

At first, I was just trying to save it- it's paper thin leaves dried and brittle- barely clinging to it's former life, and former glory.

So I started watering it. Nobody else seemed to notice it's sad presence.

I'm only at the restaurant two nights a week- I didn't think that would be enough.

It's one of those succulents, I think, used to arid climates and little water.

To be frank, that's probably why my no-nonsense, minimal upkeep boss has it in a planter on the counter in the first place.

Anyway, I got real caught up in saving this thing.
I guess it turned into one of those superior-heroic-save yourself through the regeneration of the organism- things.....

I really felt like I was doing something, even if it was a small something.

Tonight I went over to dose it with my regular pitcher-of-well-intentioned-love, and I realized the planter was full of water.

It had seeped through the plastic container, the burlap cloth it was sitting on, and had filled the ceramic bowl it was resting in.

The leaves are green, but it's life is inevitably doomed.

I felt embarrassed. I hope no-one discovers my secret.

I walked away.

My green thumb is horrendously orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment