Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Sad Songs and Waltzes

"It's a good thing that I'm not a star, you don't know how lucky you are.
Though my record may say it, no-one will play it, sad songs and waltzes aren't selling this year."

I love Cake.
If you've never heard of them, I regret to inform you you're missing out on pure lyrical genius.
However, if you're one of those people who listen to music for the beat and never pay any attention to the actual lyrics, don't bother.... you'll get bored easily.
As for those of you, like me, who listen to music to hear the stories other people tell, Cake is incredible.
I had a point to this blog, and it wasn't to prove to you how awesome my music tastes are, honestly, but I got lost in the song and now have absolutely no idea what I had planned on saying.
*sigh*
Oh wait, I remember.... I didn't actually have a point. I had lots of points. And none of them are connected in absolutely any way, whatsoever.... Story of my life.

I watched Benny and Joon last night.... I love that movie. I think I must have seen it twenty times, at least. Its one of my favorites, and I find myself quoting it all the time.

"Have we an internal sequin issue to deal with, Benjamin?"

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese..."

"They used to be fat and juicy, but now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes."

"... A woman deeply and hygenically disturbed..."

................................. I've always wanted to make grilled-cheese sandwiches with an iron, or mash potatoes with a tennis racket.... and not to mention, vacuuming the comforter on a bed sounds ridiculously tempting, as well. :)

I've always wanted to paint on those huge, life-sized canvases, too.
Sometimes, I think if I could just have all the time and the money in the world to spend on painting, I would. I tell myself that someday, I'll have a special room in my house just for painting.... with windows leading out onto a small balcony, facing a river, like in The Notebook.
And all the brushes will be organized in glass jars, the canvases will be stacked against a wall, splattered aprons hung neatly on a hook, with the rustic scent of oil paints filling the room.

Maybe I'll take up art classes again.
My eyes just completely glazed over as I thought up that fantastic oasis.
...I'll have to have lots of rooms in my house for all the things I love.
A room for painting, a room for music, a room for writing, a huge kitchen, a room for photography......
.... All this, and I'll probably end up in a teeny-tiny one bedroom walk-up above a delicatessen on a busy street.
That doesn't sound so bad, though....Actually, it sounds pretty good to me.

I think I'm going to make myself some Tapioca pudding tomorrow.
Tapioca pudding is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind.
I usually only eat it when I'm sick, because its such a comforting food and doesn't make my stomach feel any sicker.
But, on rare occasions, certain circumstances arise when Tapioca is called for by the greatest forces of nature.... At least, the greatest forces of nature which govern my life.

Tapioca pudding cures all evils.
All sadness, all heartbreaks, all downer days, all moody blues, all mellow yellows, and all mean reds.
And it relates back to Benny and Joon, now that I think of it.
Wow, I've come completely full-circle.
And its about time, because the Nyquil I took to help me sleep is kicking in and my fingers are fumbling as my mind grows fuzzy.
So.....
I don't know what the point of this was.
But, what I have learned, is that Benny and Joon is a great movie to watch with friends, wherever life takes me I'll still find the time and place to do the things I love, and Tapioca changes my outlook on life when I'm feeling down.

In retrospect, I feel a lot better about life than I did when I sat down to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment