Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shades of Grey

I came across a paper I wrote for a creative writing class almost four years ago.
The paper as a whole wasn't that great, but the conclusion caught my eye.....
Its probably one of my most favorite paragraphs I've ever written.

The story was about a woman who had become addicted to heroin, and upon loosing her boyfriend, developed multiple personality disorder. She later got clean and became mentally stable again; the ending paragraph is supposed to be written a few years after her breakthrough.

"The months and years that followed are a whirling blend of emotions and colors. Different colors represent different themes and different days. There are the occasional reds of passion, and the soft blues of calm, but mostly, my life is still a rainbow of metallic; brilliant shades of gold and dark silvers, buttery coppers and harsh blacks. Every once in a while I catch myself falling back into what I used to be. Days like those make me realize, that no matter how many splashes of red or blue fill my life, my rainbow will always have striking but heartbreaking shades of grey. And no matter how many times my life changes for the better, I am still a blank canvas; full of emptiness, and fear."

thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment