Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here Comes the Sun.... Doo din doo doo

I changed the scenery around a little bit! What do you think?

I've decided to be more grammar-conscious from now on with my blogposts. Hopefully, they will be less like jumbled thought processes and more like concise prose. We'll see.

No phonecall yet from the pizzeria. I'm beginning to suspect that I didn't get the job. I'm not incredibly bummed though, it all seemed a little too good to be true in the first place. :)
It has been a gorgeous day today; the sunshine in Oregon rivals the sunshine anywhere else.
I'm a little shrimpy colored today. I sat out in the sun for about an hour and having incredibly pale Irish skin, I got rather burnt. My face feels somewhat leathery.
I haven't gotten any new phonecalls from the library either. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've finished To Kill a Mockingbird, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (in order to save time, I have decided not to read the other short stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald as I'm not incredibly interested in them and I have too many other large books to finish. If I have time, I will read them.) and am halfway through the abridged version of Les Miserables that I didn't realize I ordered. I thought it was a mite small upon picking it up from the library.... I found out last night the original is over 1200 pages. Mine's not even a full two hundred. To be incredibly honest, I'm not sure it's worth continuing if they've cut 1000 pages out. I would like to be at least somewhat familiar with the storyline, so I think I shall finish it.... and during the next batch of hopefully smaller books, I'll rent the real Les Mis. I also started Jane Eyre and am making good progress in Anna Karenina, which I'm loving more and more the farther I get.
Ah, literature. :)

In other news, I've discovered my new favorite lyric of the week! I was listening to old Bon Jovi songs from the 90s (another one of my odd musical obsessions) and came across this beauty, "If you don't love me, lie to me". I know, it sounds very simple, but for some reason that just wrenched my heart. I think its the fear and the desperation that I love about it. I also thought it was an interesting concept: I'd rather be lied to than told that I'm not loved. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Sounds like it would be a very interesting discussion to have amongst friends.

Well, I hate to cut this short, but I'm off to enjoy the weather some more by taking a walk. I love evening walks.. I like to say that I do my best thinking in the shower, and on walks. :)

Faithfully yours,
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment