Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Friday, May 14, 2010

My Burning Casket

I wrapped my heart in packaging tape, but it still shattered when I sent it off to you.

I saw your heart sitting on a one-way road, I never should have stopped to ask your name, now the world has grown cold...

Chug down the remnants of that bottle, babe, one sip for ruining my life, one sip for ending yours, and one sip just for the memories.

My words are sober, why does life grow colder? Who are we to say, 'your eyes are the lights of my sinless city'?

I'd write your name in the sky, and dream of a world without lies.

These words are my burning casket, there's a question but you'll never ask it.

I'm lying here, it's half past the hour where shadows don't even walk the streets.

I know you're happy with her, but who's gonna repair my light fixtures now that you're gone?

I wish I could give you the moon, but I just can't reach it, I wish I could give you my world, but it's just too big to carry- I wish I could give you my heart, but I'm too selfish to give it away so I'll give you my time in hopes that you won't throw me away.

The stars whiz by and begin to fade like Peter watching Wendy grow up each day, until she's gone, gone, gone.

The silence penetrates my ears, here on this wonderwall of solid ground. The empty ravages of blissful hope twist and turn me round and round.

We had plans to grow up and to freefall among the stars, what happened to make us fall so far from who we are?

Teenage poetry couldn't cover all the things you meant to me.

Like a blood-red rose on a black coffin door, you signify to me life in its truest form.

I can see the brilliant hues.

In a sea of people screaming out to me, I only want to hear you whisper my name.

And the chip on my shoulder is only the tip of what's left of my lonely, broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment