Welcome


Welcome to a world of poetry and soliloquoy-

A world of dogmatic digressions and serious exhortations on frivolity and grandeur.

My brain is like a circus. These are chronicles of the circus-freaks and sideshows and mysterious wonders which I carry with me on a daily basis.

I am, therefore I write.

I write, therefore I arrive.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Love College Love Me Do I Love You

Do you remember the song I Love College by Asher Roth?


Yeah. I just spent the entire 4 minutes of that song lying on the floor of my bedroom staring up at the star-shaped paper lantern that I got from IKEA.

I'm so enlightened by that experience.
"....Where is my life going?"


Yeah. Exactly.


So, my cousin bought me this amazing coffee mug from New York as my graduation present a few months ago. It's a Beatles collector's item, or something like that. It's black and with big red letters it says, "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" on the front. Alternating in grey and charcoal shades all around the sides of the mug, it repeats in different sizes and fonts "Can't Buy Me Love," "Love Me Do," "She Loves You" and "All You Need Is Love" . My absolute favorite part about this mug, however, is that on the inside lip, three words are printed in perfect, red ink: Love Me Do.

It's almost a challenge to me everytime I raise it to my lips.
Love Me Do.
Gaaaaahhhh! It blows my mind everytime. Inspiration can strike you everywhere, you know. Even in the simplest of coffee mugs.
Inspiration has also struck me here, in the simplest of photographs.






I'm writing a new short story. It was completely inspired by this picture, and I'm not sure why. Something about it screamed: "WRITE ME!" and I was compelled to acquiesce.
To a writer, everything has a story. People have stories, memories have stories, paintings, photographs, music, buildings, cars, businesses, etc. Everything has a story, but not every story demands to be written. The ones that pull you so intently that you can't bring yourself to look away, however, those are the ones that you have to obey.
Those stories are where inspiration is born.
You never know where it's going to happen, but when it does, it's magic.
:)

In other news:
You all should go check out the funniest blog in existance.
http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/

I almost pee my pants every single post.
It's the pictures. They're hilarious.

Well, that's about all I had to say tonight.
Oh, except for I learned to say 'I love you' in Irish the other day and I was really excited about it.
:D

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment